- Consider community wind farms Read More
- AS I SEE THINGS: A new era in public discourse Read More
- TEA Day 3: Volcanoes lose early wicket in chase Read More
- LUNCH Day 3: Century for Shai Hope Read More
- ALBERT BRANDFORD: No political will on squatters Read More
- JEFF BROOMES: Stop denying children their childhood Read More
- Beauties from the East Read More
CASTRIES, St Lucia (CMC) – A police officer came under fire from gunmen as St Lucia recorded its first homicide for the new year. A police statement confirmed that a 27-year-old man was shot and killed in New Village in the capital last night, adding that “subsequent to that incident, several shots were fired at a police officer who was in the vicinity of New Village”. It gave no further details, but residents of he area said that police officers came under fire from gunmen when they turned up to investigate the murder of Joel Nobal, who was shot in the head. In the statement, the police said they had observed Nobal’s body seated on a bench under a shed with a gunshot wound to the head. He was later pronounced dead on the scene by a medical practitioner. Police said that one man is assisting their investigations.