- Cave Shepherd announces partnership with Visa Read More
- TOURISM MATTERS: Exploit the film tourism niche Read More
- Wins for Bajan riders at Woodbine Read More
- Still swinging Read More
- ALL AH WE IS ONE: Liberty vs state law Read More
- THE ‘NETTE EFFECT: The proper way to cut in line Read More
- Crop Fusion ticket buyers can collect refunds Read More
Historic, an earned victory, an emotional win for the people, no surprise whatsoever. This is just a sample of reactions of Bajans in the United States to the re-election of Barack Obama as the nation’s president. And as they rejoiced, the Bajans also listed what they believe should be Obama’s agenda for the next four years. Barbados’ Ambassador to Washington and the Organisation of American States, John Beale, recalled he had “called it right” in a conversation with The Nation about three weeks ago but didn’t offer any comments on Obama’s future programme, citing his “diplomatic” position in Washington. “The people of the United States have spoken loud and clear . . . the election campaign reflected the vigorous nature of debate in the country,” Beale said.