- St Lucia’s Prime Minister proposes new US Caribbean trade initiative Read More
- C&W announces partial restoration of mobile network In Dominica Read More
- ‘Baku’ has the last laugh Read More
- Harris staying as BFA chief Read More
- Arch Cot folk want answers, Mr Minister Read More
- Shade of the soul main thing Read More
- Rihanna’s 40 shades a hit Read More
SEVERAL SMALL farmers are crying foul over a decision by management of Trimart Supermarket Ltd. to reduce the intake of chickens from them from 6 000 a month to a mere 20 a week. The angry farmers, who did not want to be identified, told the DAILY NATION yesterday they had been informed of the change only last Sunday. They charged that Trimart had “unceremoniously” dumped many of them and was now getting the majority of its chicken from Chickmont Foods Ltd, one of the island’s biggest chicken processing plants. It is understood that Trimart has also informed a Christ Church chicken processor that it would no longer be taking Grade B chicken from his plant.