- 10-MINUTE MANAGER: Shad Spencer Read More
- THE HOYOS FILE: Celebrating Tourism Week with the best team ever Read More
- Blown off Read More
- Pakistan: We totally outplayed Windies Read More
- EDITORIAL: Let’s be safe and be thankful Read More
- WHAT MATTERS MOST: Stop the blame game Read More
- Crop Fusion ticket buyers can collect refunds Read More
SEVERAL SMALL farmers are crying foul over a decision by management of Trimart Supermarket Ltd. to reduce the intake of chickens from them from 6 000 a month to a mere 20 a week. The angry farmers, who did not want to be identified, told the DAILY NATION yesterday they had been informed of the change only last Sunday. They charged that Trimart had “unceremoniously” dumped many of them and was now getting the majority of its chicken from Chickmont Foods Ltd, one of the island’s biggest chicken processing plants. It is understood that Trimart has also informed a Christ Church chicken processor that it would no longer be taking Grade B chicken from his plant.