- BEHIND THE HEADLINES: Who is responsible for protecting us? Read More
- BNOCL not only about oil Read More
- Rosberg has pole at home Read More
- Warriors win, Tridents face exit Read More
- EDITORIAL: On the highway to regression Read More
- SATURDAY'S CHILD: Tombstone territory Read More
- Lil Rick gets Stag tune prize Read More
SEVERAL SMALL farmers are crying foul over a decision by management of Trimart Supermarket Ltd. to reduce the intake of chickens from them from 6 000 a month to a mere 20 a week. The angry farmers, who did not want to be identified, told the DAILY NATION yesterday they had been informed of the change only last Sunday. They charged that Trimart had “unceremoniously” dumped many of them and was now getting the majority of its chicken from Chickmont Foods Ltd, one of the island’s biggest chicken processing plants. It is understood that Trimart has also informed a Christ Church chicken processor that it would no longer be taking Grade B chicken from his plant.