- ON THE RIGHT: More than fiscal measures needed Read More
- ON THE LEFT: New type of austerity measures needed Read More
- Athletes ‘need help’ Read More
- Bajan high-flyers Read More
- YUH GAWH BE KIDDIN': A strange wedding table Read More
- OUTSIDE THE PULPIT: Still bright spots in WI cricket Read More
- Tahirah takes top spot Read More
SEVERAL SMALL farmers are crying foul over a decision by management of Trimart Supermarket Ltd. to reduce the intake of chickens from them from 6 000 a month to a mere 20 a week. The angry farmers, who did not want to be identified, told the DAILY NATION yesterday they had been informed of the change only last Sunday. They charged that Trimart had “unceremoniously” dumped many of them and was now getting the majority of its chicken from Chickmont Foods Ltd, one of the island’s biggest chicken processing plants. It is understood that Trimart has also informed a Christ Church chicken processor that it would no longer be taking Grade B chicken from his plant.