- World Bank's Kim sees ‘clear’ economic slowdown if trade war escalates Read More
- AA extends daily flight service to Barbados Read More
- Law suspended by ICC for opening two ODIs Read More
- Windies men target improved performances in ODIs and T20Is in India Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- City Nights take on Broadway feel Read More
A 52 year old security officer was in hospital last night after being stabbed in the chest by an assailant at Jordan's Supermarket on Fairchild Street, where he worked.
Police are conducting investigations into the incident which left Anderson Bend injured. It occurred sometime around 8:00 pm, on Saturday January 13th.
According to a statement from the Royal Barbados Police Force's Public Relations Officer Inspector Roland Cobbler, preliminary investigations revealed that Bend had reasons to speak to a man who was misbehaving in the supermarket.
The two men subsequently became involved in an altercation, and the assailant stabbed Bend in the chest with a broken bottle before fleeing the scene. Bend was transported to the to QEH by ambulance for treatment. (PR/AL-F)