- LIAT CEO: Taxes on flights too high Read More
- International experts give digital marketing advice Read More
- Bajan jockey wins Sovereign Award Read More
- Husbands hit with disqualification on opening day Read More
- Need change now more than ever Read More
- Keep buggery law Read More
- Verne Troyer, ‘Mini-Me’ in Austin Powers films, dies at 49 Read More
A 52 year old security officer was in hospital last night after being stabbed in the chest by an assailant at Jordan's Supermarket on Fairchild Street, where he worked.
Police are conducting investigations into the incident which left Anderson Bend injured. It occurred sometime around 8:00 pm, on Saturday January 13th.
According to a statement from the Royal Barbados Police Force's Public Relations Officer Inspector Roland Cobbler, preliminary investigations revealed that Bend had reasons to speak to a man who was misbehaving in the supermarket.
The two men subsequently became involved in an altercation, and the assailant stabbed Bend in the chest with a broken bottle before fleeing the scene. Bend was transported to the to QEH by ambulance for treatment. (PR/AL-F)