- CIBC FirstCaribbean appoints new CIO, managing director Read More
- Sam Lord’s Castle: Into The Future Read More
- Easy, breezy Butterfly Read More
- North pull it off Read More
- Role of Christ’s soldiers in society Read More
- Solidarity now an empty slogan Read More
- King Bubba on Bequia stage tonight Read More
A 52 year old security officer was in hospital last night after being stabbed in the chest by an assailant at Jordan's Supermarket on Fairchild Street, where he worked.
Police are conducting investigations into the incident which left Anderson Bend injured. It occurred sometime around 8:00 pm, on Saturday January 13th.
According to a statement from the Royal Barbados Police Force's Public Relations Officer Inspector Roland Cobbler, preliminary investigations revealed that Bend had reasons to speak to a man who was misbehaving in the supermarket.
The two men subsequently became involved in an altercation, and the assailant stabbed Bend in the chest with a broken bottle before fleeing the scene. Bend was transported to the to QEH by ambulance for treatment. (PR/AL-F)