- Lenstec Barbados wins legal battle Read More
- LIAT CEO: Taxes on flights too high Read More
- Leslie explains BCA T20 toss rules Read More
- No new registration for netball season Read More
- What a ‘mother’ country! Read More
- Developing our public sector Read More
- Barbados participates in Beijing Caribbean Film Festival Read More
The Nation’s Associate Editor, Sherie Holder-Olutayo takes a look at what’s trending today in Barbados. Today’s Weekend Nation story where Police Commissioner Darwin Dottin is responding to the shooting of three youths in New Orleans has our online readers buzzing. The Commissioner labeled the shooting as an ‘undesirable development and gave assurances that residents of the community would be protected. Here’s what some of our online readers had to say. Michelle Joseph: The police know where the "trouble spots" are...they just drive by them and look, then when something happens they take far too long to get there. There needs to be more patrols more often, and more communication with the communities. Everyone needs to be more proactive instead of reactive...that includes the police and civilians. You see something, say something....and the police need to react faster than they do currently. Everton Harris: Police in Barbados need to do more for the people to protect then from them evil young people. Nesta Marley: Wha a gwan..... all ah we ah one...I memba de day when we lived like breddahs.