- Past BIBA president now Spain’s honorary consul in Barbados Read More
- Freedom makes first call Read More
- BDF fields way to Sagicor T20 win Read More
- CARIFTA duo show their worth Read More
- Earning potential of young Bajans at risk Read More
- Don’t dismiss debt refinancing Read More
- Drop in Foreday Morning bands Read More
POLICE HAVE IDENTIFIED “businessmen” who prey on disadvantaged youths in New Orleans and Chapman Lane as the ones driving the recent spate of shootings in those inner-city communities - and they’re going after them. In the meantime, those alleged to be directly responsible for the shootings are already being taken into custody, with three arrested and three others assisting in investigations. Residents are also being assured they will be able to “walk the streets without fear” as increased police patrols operate and a police outpost is established. Commissioner of Police Darwin Dottin told the SATURDAY SUN that lawmen were on a mission to root out criminality in the two districts and part of the strategy would be going after the people who facilitate the illegal activity.