- CIBC FirstCaribbean appoints new private wealth investment advisor Read More
- Spotlight on issues affecting females in the workforce Read More
- Regional Under-15 tournament a platform for future stars Read More
- Coach LeSaldo making impact Read More
- A dream or nightmare? Read More
- Welcome to a different place Read More
- NCF calls for judges in the arts Read More
POLICE HAVE IDENTIFIED “businessmen” who prey on disadvantaged youths in New Orleans and Chapman Lane as the ones driving the recent spate of shootings in those inner-city communities - and they’re going after them. In the meantime, those alleged to be directly responsible for the shootings are already being taken into custody, with three arrested and three others assisting in investigations. Residents are also being assured they will be able to “walk the streets without fear” as increased police patrols operate and a police outpost is established. Commissioner of Police Darwin Dottin told the SATURDAY SUN that lawmen were on a mission to root out criminality in the two districts and part of the strategy would be going after the people who facilitate the illegal activity.