- Sustainable tourism drive Read More
- Brushing up paint plan Read More
- Caribbean umpire to stand in English County Championship Read More
- Arsenal deny Chelsea double as Ramsey seals FA Cup Read More
- No tears for Trinidad pipeline proposal Read More
- Bagging plastic bags Read More
- Barbadian culture on show in Canada Read More
POLICE HAVE IDENTIFIED “businessmen” who prey on disadvantaged youths in New Orleans and Chapman Lane as the ones driving the recent spate of shootings in those inner-city communities - and they’re going after them. In the meantime, those alleged to be directly responsible for the shootings are already being taken into custody, with three arrested and three others assisting in investigations. Residents are also being assured they will be able to “walk the streets without fear” as increased police patrols operate and a police outpost is established. Commissioner of Police Darwin Dottin told the SATURDAY SUN that lawmen were on a mission to root out criminality in the two districts and part of the strategy would be going after the people who facilitate the illegal activity.