- ON THE RIGHT: Customers seek memorable experiences Read More
- ON THE LEFT: Technology can differentiate service Read More
- HC on chess mission for Poon Read More
- ON THE BALL: Pros need sponsorship too Read More
- EDITORIAL: Together we must fight gun crime Read More
- FOR WHAT IT’S WORTH: Stop talking, start doing Read More
- Ballroom Brilliance Read More
POLICE HAVE IDENTIFIED “businessmen” who prey on disadvantaged youths in New Orleans and Chapman Lane as the ones driving the recent spate of shootings in those inner-city communities - and they’re going after them. In the meantime, those alleged to be directly responsible for the shootings are already being taken into custody, with three arrested and three others assisting in investigations. Residents are also being assured they will be able to “walk the streets without fear” as increased police patrols operate and a police outpost is established. Commissioner of Police Darwin Dottin told the SATURDAY SUN that lawmen were on a mission to root out criminality in the two districts and part of the strategy would be going after the people who facilitate the illegal activity.