- How the US rate increase affects the Caribbean Read More
- BARBADOS EMPLOYERS' CONFEDERATION: 24/7 operations and the issues Read More
- Slip Stream could flow today Read More
- Payback time Read More
- RON IN COMMON – More opportunities to travel north Read More
- EDITORIAL: Don’t trigger moral panic Read More
- Friday nights for wine and sax Read More
BRITISH AIRWAYS (BA) is projecting a good winter season for its Barbados business, with more than 2 000 passengers arriving here every week. The airline’s winter season operations began last month with ten weekly direct London-to-Barbados return flights and district manager Nigel Blackett said already the passenger loads were “encouraging”. The BA aircraft has a seating capacity of 226 and there is an expected boost in business with a weekly air/sea exchange of cruise ship and airline passengers, starting November 16. This will see close to 200 cruise ship passengers taking a BA flight back to London from Barbados, while a similar number of BA passengers will join the cruise ship in Barbados.