- Barbados seeking to strengthen commercial links with Panama Read More
- AB InBev expects to cut three per cent of jobs after SABMiller takeover Read More
- Bajan netballers qualify for Youth World Cup Read More
- Athletes ‘need help’ Read More
- EDITORIAL: In a state of limbo Read More
- OUTSIDE THE PULPIT: Still bright spots in WI cricket Read More
- Weekend Buzz August 26, 2016 Read More
BRITISH AIRWAYS (BA) is projecting a good winter season for its Barbados business, with more than 2 000 passengers arriving here every week. The airline’s winter season operations began last month with ten weekly direct London-to-Barbados return flights and district manager Nigel Blackett said already the passenger loads were “encouraging”. The BA aircraft has a seating capacity of 226 and there is an expected boost in business with a weekly air/sea exchange of cruise ship and airline passengers, starting November 16. This will see close to 200 cruise ship passengers taking a BA flight back to London from Barbados, while a similar number of BA passengers will join the cruise ship in Barbados.