- Flow announces successful testing of LTE technology Read More
- TOURISM MATTERS: Package deals the popular option Read More
- One to watch Read More
- Windies lose big Read More
- IN THE PUBLIC INTEREST: Playing the Trump card Read More
- Responsibilities of ‘management’ Read More
- RiRi set to conquer Ocean’s Read More
BRITISH AIRWAYS (BA) is projecting a good winter season for its Barbados business, with more than 2 000 passengers arriving here every week. The airline’s winter season operations began last month with ten weekly direct London-to-Barbados return flights and district manager Nigel Blackett said already the passenger loads were “encouraging”. The BA aircraft has a seating capacity of 226 and there is an expected boost in business with a weekly air/sea exchange of cruise ship and airline passengers, starting November 16. This will see close to 200 cruise ship passengers taking a BA flight back to London from Barbados, while a similar number of BA passengers will join the cruise ship in Barbados.