- BARBADOS' BEST EMPLOYERS: Companies should give back Read More
- Get those shops in order! Read More
- Reifer’s ready Read More
- BCA’s bid to boost women’s game Read More
- EDITORIAL: Mediocrity is the new norm Read More
- YUH GAWH BE KIDDIN’: Goashemels lurking everywhere Read More
- Songwriters have write stuff Read More
A move is afoot to turn three of the island’s historic lighthouses into money-making ventures. A Request For Expressions Of Interest – Lighthouses has gone out to “prospective investors” as the Barbados Port Inc. seeks to refurbish and rejuvenate the island’s coastal sentinels. And the projections are that it will take at least $1.2 million each to refurbish Harrison’s Point and Ragged Point. The Barbados Port Inc., which has responsibility for the lighthouses, has invited investors to enter “into a business arrangement” with it “to develop the lands surrounding the lighthouses situated at Ragged Point, St Philip; South Point, Christ Church; and Harrison’s Point, St Lucy”.