- Tax dent in FCIB profits Read More
- AS I SEE THINGS: The knowledge economy Read More
- St Thomas edge St James Central Read More
- CAC team ready for Santo Domingo Read More
- DEAR CHRISTINE: Not sure if he really loves me Read More
- ALTAR CALL: The four steps to greatness Read More
- Weekend Buzz September 23, 2016 Read More
A move is afoot to turn three of the island’s historic lighthouses into money-making ventures. A Request For Expressions Of Interest – Lighthouses has gone out to “prospective investors” as the Barbados Port Inc. seeks to refurbish and rejuvenate the island’s coastal sentinels. And the projections are that it will take at least $1.2 million each to refurbish Harrison’s Point and Ragged Point. The Barbados Port Inc., which has responsibility for the lighthouses, has invited investors to enter “into a business arrangement” with it “to develop the lands surrounding the lighthouses situated at Ragged Point, St Philip; South Point, Christ Church; and Harrison’s Point, St Lucy”.