- TOURISM MATTERS: Package deals the popular option Read More
- Bidding for Black Bess development? Read More
- Hamilton cuts Rosberg’s lead Read More
- Hamilton starts up front in US Grand Prix Read More
- RON IN COMMON: Time for creative solutions Read More
- GET REAL: Education system crying for help Read More
- New and old Prince music to be released Read More
A move is afoot to turn three of the island’s historic lighthouses into money-making ventures. A Request For Expressions Of Interest – Lighthouses has gone out to “prospective investors” as the Barbados Port Inc. seeks to refurbish and rejuvenate the island’s coastal sentinels. And the projections are that it will take at least $1.2 million each to refurbish Harrison’s Point and Ragged Point. The Barbados Port Inc., which has responsibility for the lighthouses, has invited investors to enter “into a business arrangement” with it “to develop the lands surrounding the lighthouses situated at Ragged Point, St Philip; South Point, Christ Church; and Harrison’s Point, St Lucy”.