- BEHIND THE HEADLINES: Why Worrell should change course Read More
- TOURISM MATTERS: Sprucing up for winter Read More
- Broncos win Super Bowl 50 Read More
- Two in breach Read More
- WILD COOT: Wary Banks Read More
- EDITORIAL: Humane fix needed to solve squatting Read More
- Touched by 100% Bajan backing Read More
A move is afoot to turn three of the island’s historic lighthouses into money-making ventures. A Request For Expressions Of Interest – Lighthouses has gone out to “prospective investors” as the Barbados Port Inc. seeks to refurbish and rejuvenate the island’s coastal sentinels. And the projections are that it will take at least $1.2 million each to refurbish Harrison’s Point and Ragged Point. The Barbados Port Inc., which has responsibility for the lighthouses, has invited investors to enter “into a business arrangement” with it “to develop the lands surrounding the lighthouses situated at Ragged Point, St Philip; South Point, Christ Church; and Harrison’s Point, St Lucy”.