- ON THE RIGHT: More than fiscal measures needed Read More
- ON THE LEFT: New type of austerity measures needed Read More
- Mayers brothers back Read More
- King: US Open tops my list Read More
- DEAR CHRISTINE: Why can’t I get a boyfriend? Read More
- Technology alone not at fault Read More
- Birth of a Nation slavery movie stumbles in Hollywood Read More
A move is afoot to turn three of the island’s historic lighthouses into money-making ventures. A Request For Expressions Of Interest – Lighthouses has gone out to “prospective investors” as the Barbados Port Inc. seeks to refurbish and rejuvenate the island’s coastal sentinels. And the projections are that it will take at least $1.2 million each to refurbish Harrison’s Point and Ragged Point. The Barbados Port Inc., which has responsibility for the lighthouses, has invited investors to enter “into a business arrangement” with it “to develop the lands surrounding the lighthouses situated at Ragged Point, St Philip; South Point, Christ Church; and Harrison’s Point, St Lucy”.