- New equipment company opens Read More
- BEHIND THE HEADLINES: Immigration policy and family ties Read More
- Holder: Opponents feared us Read More
- Pride of champions Read More
- TALKBACK: Smoking ban can hurt tourism Read More
- ALTAR CALL: Much joy at harvest programme Read More
- Six for Miss Holetown Read More
A move is afoot to turn three of the island’s historic lighthouses into money-making ventures. A Request For Expressions Of Interest – Lighthouses has gone out to “prospective investors” as the Barbados Port Inc. seeks to refurbish and rejuvenate the island’s coastal sentinels. And the projections are that it will take at least $1.2 million each to refurbish Harrison’s Point and Ragged Point. The Barbados Port Inc., which has responsibility for the lighthouses, has invited investors to enter “into a business arrangement” with it “to develop the lands surrounding the lighthouses situated at Ragged Point, St Philip; South Point, Christ Church; and Harrison’s Point, St Lucy”.