- ON THE RIGHT: No easy solution to water crisis Read More
- ON THE LEFT: Water woes a global issue Read More
- Barbados Selext XI score 290-8 vs Windies Read More
- WICB and Digicel renew partnership Read More
- We apologise Read More
- EDITORIAL: We welcome UWI funding initiative Read More
- Minister of Culture lauds Rihanna Read More
A move is afoot to turn three of the island’s historic lighthouses into money-making ventures. A Request For Expressions Of Interest – Lighthouses has gone out to “prospective investors” as the Barbados Port Inc. seeks to refurbish and rejuvenate the island’s coastal sentinels. And the projections are that it will take at least $1.2 million each to refurbish Harrison’s Point and Ragged Point. The Barbados Port Inc., which has responsibility for the lighthouses, has invited investors to enter “into a business arrangement” with it “to develop the lands surrounding the lighthouses situated at Ragged Point, St Philip; South Point, Christ Church; and Harrison’s Point, St Lucy”.