- BES president predicts another downgrade for Barbados Read More
- Dominica welcoming 'voluntourism' in wake of Hurricane Maria Read More
- King giving back to Dominica with benefit match Read More
- Orange new QC swim champs Read More
- Let’s draw the line here Read More
- Consider the rape victim Read More
- Juniors shine at NIFCA Read More
Barbados could be faced with an Occupy Bridgetown. The likelihood of such was raised yesterday by president of the Barbados Association of Vendors, Retailers and Entrepreneurs (BARVEN), Alister Alexander, about the ongoing situation in Swan Street, The City, where vendors are claiming “harassment” by the police. Operation Yuletide is not yet in effect, but police were busy in Swan Street Friday and yesterday clamping down on vendors who did not have licences. Alexander said Swan Street was a “good” place for vending and BARVEN was about sitting down with all the stakeholders to find a solution to the recurring problem.