- AB InBev expects to cut three per cent of jobs after SABMiller takeover Read More
- 10-MINUTE MANAGER: Allison Burnham Read More
- Athletes ‘need help’ Read More
- Bajan high-flyers Read More
- EDITORIAL: In a state of limbo Read More
- High time service providers realise customer is king Read More
- Tahirah takes top spot Read More
Barbados could be faced with an Occupy Bridgetown. The likelihood of such was raised yesterday by president of the Barbados Association of Vendors, Retailers and Entrepreneurs (BARVEN), Alister Alexander, about the ongoing situation in Swan Street, The City, where vendors are claiming “harassment” by the police. Operation Yuletide is not yet in effect, but police were busy in Swan Street Friday and yesterday clamping down on vendors who did not have licences. Alexander said Swan Street was a “good” place for vending and BARVEN was about sitting down with all the stakeholders to find a solution to the recurring problem.