- The implications of risky hedging Read More
- AS I SEE THINGS: Changing roles of the IMF Read More
- Roland Garros reeling as injured Nadal pulls out Read More
- Get rid of egos in West Indies cricket Read More
- EDITORIAL: Need for bail guides Read More
- YUH GAWH BE KIDDIN’: No place like sweet ol’ Bim Read More
- Faiths meet At The Cross Read More
Barbados could be faced with an Occupy Bridgetown. The likelihood of such was raised yesterday by president of the Barbados Association of Vendors, Retailers and Entrepreneurs (BARVEN), Alister Alexander, about the ongoing situation in Swan Street, The City, where vendors are claiming “harassment” by the police. Operation Yuletide is not yet in effect, but police were busy in Swan Street Friday and yesterday clamping down on vendors who did not have licences. Alexander said Swan Street was a “good” place for vending and BARVEN was about sitting down with all the stakeholders to find a solution to the recurring problem.