- Success one face at a time Read More
- BEHIND THE HEADLINES: Past the worst and seeing positives Read More
- Reifer’s ready Read More
- Checker Hall grab title Read More
- EDITORIAL: Mediocrity is the new norm Read More
- YUH GAWH BE KIDDIN’: Goashemels lurking everywhere Read More
- Songwriters have write stuff Read More
Barbados could be faced with an Occupy Bridgetown. The likelihood of such was raised yesterday by president of the Barbados Association of Vendors, Retailers and Entrepreneurs (BARVEN), Alister Alexander, about the ongoing situation in Swan Street, The City, where vendors are claiming “harassment” by the police. Operation Yuletide is not yet in effect, but police were busy in Swan Street Friday and yesterday clamping down on vendors who did not have licences. Alexander said Swan Street was a “good” place for vending and BARVEN was about sitting down with all the stakeholders to find a solution to the recurring problem.