- Region must err on the side of caution Read More
- AS I SEE THINGS: Surviving in a dynamic world Read More
- WI players, WICB at odds again Read More
- Meets clash Read More
- WEDNESDAY WOMAN: It’s all about organics Read More
- IN THE PUBLIC INTEREST: Lighter side of smelling hell Read More
- All ah we Read More
Barbados could be faced with an Occupy Bridgetown. The likelihood of such was raised yesterday by president of the Barbados Association of Vendors, Retailers and Entrepreneurs (BARVEN), Alister Alexander, about the ongoing situation in Swan Street, The City, where vendors are claiming “harassment” by the police. Operation Yuletide is not yet in effect, but police were busy in Swan Street Friday and yesterday clamping down on vendors who did not have licences. Alexander said Swan Street was a “good” place for vending and BARVEN was about sitting down with all the stakeholders to find a solution to the recurring problem.