- Flavourful twist to sugar cakes Read More
- BEHIND THE HEADLINES: Education as an economic platform Read More
- WI rout is on Read More
- Infrared shines bright at Garrison Read More
- TONI THORNE: So you’re not into Crop Over? Really . . . Read More
- FAZEER MOHAMMED: Defensive posturing Read More
- De MC and Summa are new junior Monarchs Read More
Barbados could be faced with an Occupy Bridgetown. The likelihood of such was raised yesterday by president of the Barbados Association of Vendors, Retailers and Entrepreneurs (BARVEN), Alister Alexander, about the ongoing situation in Swan Street, The City, where vendors are claiming “harassment” by the police. Operation Yuletide is not yet in effect, but police were busy in Swan Street Friday and yesterday clamping down on vendors who did not have licences. Alexander said Swan Street was a “good” place for vending and BARVEN was about sitting down with all the stakeholders to find a solution to the recurring problem.