- Report: Apple launching new products in March Read More
- BARBADOS' BEST EMPLOYERS: Cave Shepherd Card Services Read More
- CLOSE Day 2: Barbados Pride take 22-run lead Read More
- TEA Day 2: Barbados Pride cruising on 189 for 1 Read More
- RON IN COMMON: A press conference with a difference Read More
- EDITORIAL: A nation of second chances Read More
- Weekend Buzz February 12, 2016 Read More
HUNDREDS OF BARBADIANS flocked to the Lloyd Erskine Sandiford Centre yesterday in an attempt to get a job with megastore Cost U Less. The international franchise opened a three-day job fair on Monday in an effort to recruit over 100 people to fill available positions when the store opens early next year. Vice-president of human resources, Kina Perez, said 800 people were expected on the first day of the recruitment, which began at 9 a.m. By 10:30 there were already over 300 applicants. Today and tomorrow the job fair opens at 10 a.m. “So the reception is great. I was thinking that the first day we were going to end up with anywhere from 800 to 1 200 people and if we keep up we will end up with 800 for the day for sure. We believe the biggest push would be Monday [yesterday],” she said.