- Success one face at a time Read More
- BEHIND THE HEADLINES: Past the worst and seeing positives Read More
- 14 up vying for Derby places Read More
- Seibert: Penn Relays way to go Read More
- The Lowdown & Looka Lew Read More
- EDITORIAL: Extend an olive branch to teachers Read More
- Hillside Reggae Read More
KENSINGTON OVAL is known for its cricket records and famous feats but Sunday night, football fans witnessed some soccer lessons in the first two quarter-finals of the LIME Pelican Football Challenge. Akademiks were in a class of their own, easily passing their test against Scotty’s Tech4Less Combined All Stars with a 2-0 victory, while T.S. Strikers gave Kick L.G. Strike Force a lesson in how to kick penalties, emerging 4-1 winners in the “shoot-out” to book semi-finals spots. The returning Arantees Lawrence was top of the class for Akademiks with a double strike, while Jabarry Chandler, Julian Nicholls, Rico Graham and Andre Daniel converted their spot kicks for T.S. Strikers to oust ten-man Strike Force after there were no goals in regulation and extra time. Diquan Adamson made Strike Force’s lone conversion as inspirational captain John “Nobby” Parris and tall defender Kimoi Seale squandered their penalties.