- TOURISM MATTERS: Long stays – by the numbers Read More
- BARBADOS EMPLOYERS’ CONFEDERATION: Employees and crime Read More
- TEA: Windwards reach 180 for five Read More
- Carlos Brathwaite called up as Pollard, Narine withdraw from World T20 Read More
- IT MATTERS TO MARIA: Not fit for living Read More
- STREET BEAT: Peace reigns in Greens Read More
- Streep adds to race war with comments Read More
THE BARBADOS LIGHT & POWER (BL&P) COMPANY LIMITED has much to shout about after completing two of the highest safety standards requirements in the world. BL&P, which recently received the OHSAS 18001, the world’s most recognized occupational health and safety management system, and ISO 14001, which involves environmental management, yesterday presented awards to its staff for their contribution to the safety process that started six years ago. Minister of Labour and Social Security Dr Esther Byer-Suckoo also praised the company on achieving the prestigious certification on the heels of its 100th anniversary last year. Stating it was one of two companies in Barbados to gain the OHSAS 18001 and one of four to gain the ISO 14001, Byer-Suckoo said BL&P had demonstrated its commitment to standards of safety, which Government supported.