- 10-MINUTE MANAGER: Roberto Pereyra Read More
- THE HOYOS FILE: Changing lanes in a slow-moving race Read More
- No Rio! Read More
- BCA writes off members’ debt Read More
- YUH GAWH BE KIDDIN’: A whole $280 for a fete? Read More
- EDITORIAL: Bishop Gordon hit bullseye on guns Read More
- People's Monarch to be named this afternoon Read More
THE BARBADOS LIGHT & POWER (BL&P) COMPANY LIMITED has much to shout about after completing two of the highest safety standards requirements in the world. BL&P, which recently received the OHSAS 18001, the world’s most recognized occupational health and safety management system, and ISO 14001, which involves environmental management, yesterday presented awards to its staff for their contribution to the safety process that started six years ago. Minister of Labour and Social Security Dr Esther Byer-Suckoo also praised the company on achieving the prestigious certification on the heels of its 100th anniversary last year. Stating it was one of two companies in Barbados to gain the OHSAS 18001 and one of four to gain the ISO 14001, Byer-Suckoo said BL&P had demonstrated its commitment to standards of safety, which Government supported.