- TOURISM MATTERS: Package deals the popular option Read More
- Bidding for Black Bess development? Read More
- Windies facing another loss Read More
- Walcott wraps up sixth title Read More
- ALTAR CALL: Love, in spite of ... Read More
- EDITORIAL: Haiti remains an urgent project Read More
- Seven up for Miss Teen Barbados Read More
THE BARBADOS LIGHT & POWER (BL&P) COMPANY LIMITED has much to shout about after completing two of the highest safety standards requirements in the world. BL&P, which recently received the OHSAS 18001, the world’s most recognized occupational health and safety management system, and ISO 14001, which involves environmental management, yesterday presented awards to its staff for their contribution to the safety process that started six years ago. Minister of Labour and Social Security Dr Esther Byer-Suckoo also praised the company on achieving the prestigious certification on the heels of its 100th anniversary last year. Stating it was one of two companies in Barbados to gain the OHSAS 18001 and one of four to gain the ISO 14001, Byer-Suckoo said BL&P had demonstrated its commitment to standards of safety, which Government supported.