- BCCI’s statement on sale of BNTCL Read More
- Standards push now shows value Read More
- Out of bounds Read More
- Selectors banking on Brath Read More
- FLYING FISH & COU COU: When lawyers enter politics . . . Read More
- MAVIS BECKLES: Evahthing gone topsy-turvy Read More
- Musical treat at St Mary's Church on Sunday Read More
THE BARBADOS LIGHT & POWER (BL&P) COMPANY LIMITED has much to shout about after completing two of the highest safety standards requirements in the world. BL&P, which recently received the OHSAS 18001, the world’s most recognized occupational health and safety management system, and ISO 14001, which involves environmental management, yesterday presented awards to its staff for their contribution to the safety process that started six years ago. Minister of Labour and Social Security Dr Esther Byer-Suckoo also praised the company on achieving the prestigious certification on the heels of its 100th anniversary last year. Stating it was one of two companies in Barbados to gain the OHSAS 18001 and one of four to gain the ISO 14001, Byer-Suckoo said BL&P had demonstrated its commitment to standards of safety, which Government supported.