- BARBADOS' BEST EMPLOYERS: Human capital holds the key Read More
- Push for gender equality Read More
- Eight Russians now positive from London Olympics after retesting Read More
- Driving for perfection Read More
- JEFF BROOMES: What teachers should know Read More
- Report shows up flaws in procedures Read More
- Barbadian music, fashion on display in Toronto Read More
DEVALUATION of the Barbados dollar is out of the question. That’s the word from Minister in the Office of the Prime Minister Senator Darcy Boyce. And he has also made it clear that Barbados has no date with the International Monetary Fund (IMF). Boyce was speaking in the Senate yesterday during debate on the International Business (Amendment) Bill, which would adjust the tax schedules for the international business sector. He recalled that during the early 1990s, he had worked with colleagues such as Independent Senators Geoffrey Cave and Sir Roy Trotman to make sure devaluation was off the cards.