- Success one face at a time Read More
- BEHIND THE HEADLINES: Past the worst and seeing positives Read More
- 14 up vying for Derby places Read More
- Seibert: Penn Relays way to go Read More
- The Lowdown & Looka Lew Read More
- EDITORIAL: Extend an olive branch to teachers Read More
- Hillside Reggae Read More
DEVALUATION of the Barbados dollar is out of the question. That’s the word from Minister in the Office of the Prime Minister Senator Darcy Boyce. And he has also made it clear that Barbados has no date with the International Monetary Fund (IMF). Boyce was speaking in the Senate yesterday during debate on the International Business (Amendment) Bill, which would adjust the tax schedules for the international business sector. He recalled that during the early 1990s, he had worked with colleagues such as Independent Senators Geoffrey Cave and Sir Roy Trotman to make sure devaluation was off the cards.