- Now robots join fight against cancer Read More
- BEC: Shades of grey: duty of care Read More
- Barbados beat T&T to top netball qualifiers Read More
- Leroy Harper passes Read More
- MONDAY MAN: Hal boasts of the best rum punch Read More
- WILD COOT: Appeal to Barbadians Read More
- Prince’s home, studio to open to public Read More
DEVALUATION of the Barbados dollar is out of the question. That’s the word from Minister in the Office of the Prime Minister Senator Darcy Boyce. And he has also made it clear that Barbados has no date with the International Monetary Fund (IMF). Boyce was speaking in the Senate yesterday during debate on the International Business (Amendment) Bill, which would adjust the tax schedules for the international business sector. He recalled that during the early 1990s, he had worked with colleagues such as Independent Senators Geoffrey Cave and Sir Roy Trotman to make sure devaluation was off the cards.