- CDB urges regional governments to act now Read More
- New equipment company opens Read More
- NBA Hall of Fame finalists announced Read More
- Holder: Opponents feared us Read More
- TALKBACK: Smoking ban can hurt tourism Read More
- ALTAR CALL: Much joy at harvest programme Read More
- Six for Miss Holetown Read More
DEVALUATION of the Barbados dollar is out of the question. That’s the word from Minister in the Office of the Prime Minister Senator Darcy Boyce. And he has also made it clear that Barbados has no date with the International Monetary Fund (IMF). Boyce was speaking in the Senate yesterday during debate on the International Business (Amendment) Bill, which would adjust the tax schedules for the international business sector. He recalled that during the early 1990s, he had worked with colleagues such as Independent Senators Geoffrey Cave and Sir Roy Trotman to make sure devaluation was off the cards.