Rihanna and Kendrick Lamar on stage last night after their award. (GP)
- British construction industry faces EU worker exodus Read More
- Caribbean Export and CDB partner to provide greater access to finance for women-owned businesses Read More
- Windward Volcanoes 286-7 in 50 overs vs Guyana Jaguars Read More
- Pride final-bound Read More
- Gun violence horse long bolted Read More
- Streetcars can boost transport Read More
- Impact World: Free performing arts, sports and musical event series Read More
Bajan superstar Rihanna has added another Grammy Award to her stash, bringing the count to nine.
She was only nominated for one this year in Best Rap/Sung Performance with Kendrick Lamar for the song Loyalty. It was the first award to be presented live on stage at the 60th annual Grammy Awards ceremony live from New York last night.
Lamar was up for seven awards behind leader Jay Z who had eight.
Rihanna, who was due to perform her Wild Thoughts with DJ Khalid, thanked Lamar for the opportunity to sing on the track, while Lamar gave her props for bringing her style to the track and making it “dope”.
Rihanna wasn’t the only one from the Caribbean making history last night as Damian Marley won Best Reggae Album for Stony Hill which was awarded in a pre-broadcast. (NS)