Rihanna and Kendrick Lamar on stage last night after their award. (GP)
- Past BIBA president now Spain’s honorary consul in Barbados Read More
- Freedom makes first call Read More
- BDF fields way to Sagicor T20 win Read More
- CARIFTA duo show their worth Read More
- Earning potential of young Bajans at risk Read More
- Don’t dismiss debt refinancing Read More
- Drop in Foreday Morning bands Read More
Bajan superstar Rihanna has added another Grammy Award to her stash, bringing the count to nine.
She was only nominated for one this year in Best Rap/Sung Performance with Kendrick Lamar for the song Loyalty. It was the first award to be presented live on stage at the 60th annual Grammy Awards ceremony live from New York last night.
Lamar was up for seven awards behind leader Jay Z who had eight.
Rihanna, who was due to perform her Wild Thoughts with DJ Khalid, thanked Lamar for the opportunity to sing on the track, while Lamar gave her props for bringing her style to the track and making it “dope”.
Rihanna wasn’t the only one from the Caribbean making history last night as Damian Marley won Best Reggae Album for Stony Hill which was awarded in a pre-broadcast. (NS)