- Making monumental impact Read More
- British Airways boost for travel to and from Barbados Read More
- Innings update BCA schools Under-19 final Read More
- Harte’s back Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Stan Lee, creator of many Marvel superheroes, dead at 95 Read More
Barbados’ expanding relationship with the People’s Republic of China got a further boost with the arrival of a high-level delegation yesterday afternoon. The delegation, led by Changzhi Cheng, vice-chairman, standing committee of the National People’s Congress, was met by Minister of Transport and Works John Boyce and Minister of Foreign Affairs Senator Maxine McClean. Cheng and his team are in Barbados to learn more about Parliament and how it works. They are scheduled to visit Parliament during tomorrow’s sitting and will attend a reception hosted by Speaker Michael Carrington. Several tours and meetings with other Members of Parliament are also on the agenda. McClean pointed to visits to China in the past year to open an embassy, an official visit by Prime Minister Freundel Stuart and a cultural presentation during the Shanghai Expo last year. Read the full story in today's DAILY NATION.