New Mr and Miss Barbados Caribbean Sage Belgrave (left) Beviny Payne. (Picture by Xtra Vision Photography.)
- World Bank's Kim sees ‘clear’ economic slowdown if trade war escalates Read More
- AA extends daily flight service to Barbados Read More
- Windies slide Read More
- Cultural’s crown Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- City Nights take on Broadway feel Read More
Sage Belgrave and Beviny Payne are the new Mr and Miss Barbados Caribbean.
The two were crowned just after 11 p.m. on Sunday at the Queen’s Park Steel Shed in front scores of excited supporters including friends and family.
They along with the other seven contestants put their best foot forward in a number of segments including swimwear, evening wear, and live onstage interviews.
But it was Belgrave and Payne who rose to the top winning most of the special awards. Belgrave left with the Male Award of Excellence, while they both won the Best Panel Interview and Best Introduction awards in their respective categories.
In the men’s category, Brian Chandler and Romario Wilkinson placed second and third respectively. In the women’s Dale-Ann Wilkinson landed in second and Tyra Roberts third. (TG)