New Mr and Miss Barbados Caribbean Sage Belgrave (left) Beviny Payne. (Picture by Xtra Vision Photography.)
- Past BIBA president now Spain’s honorary consul in Barbados Read More
- Freedom makes first call Read More
- BDF fields way to Sagicor T20 win Read More
- CARIFTA duo show their worth Read More
- Earning potential of young Bajans at risk Read More
- Don’t dismiss debt refinancing Read More
- Drop in Foreday Morning bands Read More
Sage Belgrave and Beviny Payne are the new Mr and Miss Barbados Caribbean.
The two were crowned just after 11 p.m. on Sunday at the Queen’s Park Steel Shed in front scores of excited supporters including friends and family.
They along with the other seven contestants put their best foot forward in a number of segments including swimwear, evening wear, and live onstage interviews.
But it was Belgrave and Payne who rose to the top winning most of the special awards. Belgrave left with the Male Award of Excellence, while they both won the Best Panel Interview and Best Introduction awards in their respective categories.
In the men’s category, Brian Chandler and Romario Wilkinson placed second and third respectively. In the women’s Dale-Ann Wilkinson landed in second and Tyra Roberts third. (TG)