Italian chef Domenico Francone (left) receiving compliments from Maria O’Hara (in red dress) and other guests at the dinner celebrating 40 years of the Italian wines of Castello Banfi at Port Ferdinand’s restaurant 13/59 Restaurant and Bar. (Picture by Reco Moore.)
- Late interest payments from Central Bank Read More
- FirstCaribbean’s Sheraton branch wins top award Read More
- Cricket’s gain, football’s loss Read More
- Reifer shines in warm-up Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Weaver to receive film honour Read More
Guests sitting beside the placid waters of Port Ferdinand’s marina likened it to a French Riviera dining experience when the Italian winery Castello Banfi and its executive Chef Domenica Francone joined with chef of Port Ferdinand’s 13/59 Restaurant and Bar Lounge, Eric Drogueux last week, to present an exquisite evening of fine dining.
It was yet another one of those occasions when local diners got the opportunity to enjoy the ambiance of the upscale St Peter restaurant and food and beverage director Daniel Eschasseriau indicated that the dining experience has been a big hit with locals.
Each course of the five-course dinner was paired with wines from two wineries located in Italy and the United States, products of the family-owned vineyard in the Brunello region of Tuscany, Italy. (GC)