- Sagicor open to other offers Read More
- Republic Financial Holdings to acquire Scotiabank in nine Caribbean countries Read More
- Jamaica inch ahead of Barbados Pride Read More
- NSC abandons sports awards Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Sir Don signs out Read More
Police are investigating the circumstances surrounding a car fire, which occurred around 2 p.m. today, in the area of JTC Ramsey Roundabout, Haggatt Hall, St Michael, travelling in the direction of Two Mile Hill, St Michael.
The fire destroyed a taxi, owned by Corey Lewis, of Flagstaff, St Michael, and being driven by Darnley Nurse, 35, of Wildey, St Michael.
Preliminary investigations revealed that Nurse was driving the car, when he observed smoke coming from the area of the bonnet. On stopping and exiting the car he observed that the car was on fire.
One fire tender, and five fire officers under the command of Fire Officer Fields, responded to the blaze. (PR)