- Seasoned executive joins Hilton’s global operations team Read More
- We’ve got your back, says Co-op Read More
- French fans give hero welcome to Les Bleus World Cup champions Read More
- Call for more courts Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- iWeb defending crown Read More
Police are investigating the circumstances surrounding a car fire, which occurred around 2 p.m. today, in the area of JTC Ramsey Roundabout, Haggatt Hall, St Michael, travelling in the direction of Two Mile Hill, St Michael.
The fire destroyed a taxi, owned by Corey Lewis, of Flagstaff, St Michael, and being driven by Darnley Nurse, 35, of Wildey, St Michael.
Preliminary investigations revealed that Nurse was driving the car, when he observed smoke coming from the area of the bonnet. On stopping and exiting the car he observed that the car was on fire.
One fire tender, and five fire officers under the command of Fire Officer Fields, responded to the blaze. (PR)