Christ Church West MP Dr Maria Agard. (FILE)
- Caribbean foods on display at Paris exhibition Read More
- BCCI backing Govt despite downgrade Read More
- Bravo miracle knock takes Knight Riders to thrilling victory Read More
- Long road ahead for hockey Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Barbadian film comes in for international acclaim Read More
Member of Parliament for Christ Church West Dr Maria Agard has announced that she is now a member of the United Progressive Party.
The former Barbados Labour Party member was escorted into the House of Assembly this morning by UPP colleagues, led by leader Lynette Eastmond.
Agard declared herself leader of opposition business in the House for the UPP and highlighted some of the party's plans.
The announcement ended several weeks of speculation.
Agard, a dentist, was expelled from the BLP in November 2015 and her appeal was dismissed in the Supreme Court last December. (BN)