- Caribbean foods on display at Paris exhibition Read More
- BCCI backing Govt despite downgrade Read More
- Bravo miracle knock takes Knight Riders to thrilling victory Read More
- Long road ahead for hockey Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Barbadian film comes in for international acclaim Read More
Police have arrested and charged four schoolboys in connection with Monday’s stabbing incident at St Leonard’s Boys’ School which resulted in two 16-year-old boys receiving stab wounds.
Two 16-year-olds two 15-year-olds were all formally charged for causing a disturbance at an educational institution.
One of the 16-year-olds faced an additional charge of wounding while one of the 15-year-olds faced an additional charge of assault occasioning actual bodily harm.
The 15-year-olds pleaded guilty to causing a disturbance and both were remanded to the Government Industrial School (GIS), to reappear in Court on March 14.
The two 16-year-olds pleaded not guilty to causing a disturbance and were both granted bail in the sum of $5 000 with one surety. They will also return to court on March 14.
The 15-year-old also pleaded guilty to the offence of wounding and was further remanded to the GIS until March 14. The 16-year-old pleaded not guilty to the offence of assault occasioning actual bodily harm and was allowed to continue on bail from the first offence. (PR/NB)