- Sandals seeks to clear air regarding withholding taxes Read More
- Sagicor rebrands Harmony Hall location Read More
- ‘Enlist’ housing areas Read More
- Dari-Anne fit to be queen Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Mrs Maisel, Game of Thrones win on night of Emmy upsets Read More
Cybercriminals are seizing vital computer data from companies and individuals in Barbados and extorting money for its return.
This process, known as ransomware, is part of a global trend that telecommunication service providers are battling.
Network manager with Cable & Wireless (Barbados), Shawn Holder, confirmed a few instances of ransomware attacks are discovered monthly.
He said cybercriminals were encrypting the data files of companies or individuals and claiming ransom payable in Bitcoin in exchange for recovery of the files. (HH)
Please read the full story in today's Sunday Sun, or in the eNATION edition.