- Creditors’ concern Read More
- Myers moving to BTII, BHTA names new board Read More
- Coutinho’s superb goal cancelled out by Switzerland’s Zuber Read More
- Mexico stun holders Germany 1-0 in World Cup opener Read More
- Women and the Constitution Read More
- Come on, men, step up! Read More
- Big Show opens Read More
Cybercriminals are seizing vital computer data from companies and individuals in Barbados and extorting money for its return.
This process, known as ransomware, is part of a global trend that telecommunication service providers are battling.
Network manager with Cable & Wireless (Barbados), Shawn Holder, confirmed a few instances of ransomware attacks are discovered monthly.
He said cybercriminals were encrypting the data files of companies or individuals and claiming ransom payable in Bitcoin in exchange for recovery of the files. (HH)
Please read the full story in today's Sunday Sun, or in the eNATION edition.