- Sagicor open to other offers Read More
- Republic Financial Holdings to acquire Scotiabank in nine Caribbean countries Read More
- Treat for Under-17 footballers Read More
- Tridents owner up for extradition, court rules Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Shanta ready to Throw Wine Read More
Cybercriminals are seizing vital computer data from companies and individuals in Barbados and extorting money for its return.
This process, known as ransomware, is part of a global trend that telecommunication service providers are battling.
Network manager with Cable & Wireless (Barbados), Shawn Holder, confirmed a few instances of ransomware attacks are discovered monthly.
He said cybercriminals were encrypting the data files of companies or individuals and claiming ransom payable in Bitcoin in exchange for recovery of the files. (HH)
Please read the full story in today's Sunday Sun, or in the eNATION edition.