- Nation Group restructuring Read More
- Zuckerberg says Facebook made mistakes on user data Read More
- Darian King out of Miami Open Read More
- New era as St Albans and St Giles top NAPSAC for the first time Read More
- Is it wrong to be right? Read More
- Powers that be not in sync Read More
- NCF calls for judges in the arts Read More
Cybercriminals are seizing vital computer data from companies and individuals in Barbados and extorting money for its return.
This process, known as ransomware, is part of a global trend that telecommunication service providers are battling.
Network manager with Cable & Wireless (Barbados), Shawn Holder, confirmed a few instances of ransomware attacks are discovered monthly.
He said cybercriminals were encrypting the data files of companies or individuals and claiming ransom payable in Bitcoin in exchange for recovery of the files. (HH)
Please read the full story in today's Sunday Sun, or in the eNATION edition.