- Trade war worries slam China and emerging markets Read More
- Caribbean Airlines ranked 34th in global on time performance Read More
- Best earns junior Pan Am silver medal Read More
- Holder eyes series win Read More
- Initiatives to help us stay afloat Read More
- Inquire before cutting service Read More
- Machel to Rise at Oval Read More
KINGSTON – The Police High Command on Monday launched a multi-agency probe surrounding the circulation of an audio clip with the voice, believed to be that of a teenager, claiming that he will be the next school shooter.
The circulation of the audio clip on social media, sparked panic and saw parents rushing to a prominent high school in the Corporate Area to pick up their children.
The police, in response said the high level team probing the incident is being headed by an Assistant Commissioner of Police and is being given the highest level of attention.
The police have since urged individuals to stop circulating the audio as this could cause undue anxiety.
This incident comes on the heels of the latest school shooting in the United States where an expelled student shot and killed at least 17 persons in Broward County, Florida. (CMC)