- CIBC FirstCaribbean appoints new private wealth investment advisor Read More
- Spotlight on issues affecting females in the workforce Read More
- Savage Samuels Read More
- Big bucks to tour Pakistan Read More
- Powers that be not in sync Read More
- Spare the rod and . . . Read More
- NCF calls for judges in the arts Read More
KINGSTON – The Police High Command on Monday launched a multi-agency probe surrounding the circulation of an audio clip with the voice, believed to be that of a teenager, claiming that he will be the next school shooter.
The circulation of the audio clip on social media, sparked panic and saw parents rushing to a prominent high school in the Corporate Area to pick up their children.
The police, in response said the high level team probing the incident is being headed by an Assistant Commissioner of Police and is being given the highest level of attention.
The police have since urged individuals to stop circulating the audio as this could cause undue anxiety.
This incident comes on the heels of the latest school shooting in the United States where an expelled student shot and killed at least 17 persons in Broward County, Florida. (CMC)