- ON THE RIGHT: No easy solution to water crisis Read More
- ON THE LEFT: Water woes a global issue Read More
- Barbados Selext XI score 290-8 vs Windies Read More
- WICB and Digicel renew partnership Read More
- We apologise Read More
- EDITORIAL: We welcome UWI funding initiative Read More
- Minister of Culture lauds Rihanna Read More
OPPOSITION LEADER Owen Arthur says the global economic downturn is not the biggest issue facing Barbados, rather it is “a recession of leadership”. The former Prime Minister said if it were possible, the Barbados Labour Party (BLP) would give its top annual honour – the Grantley Adams Award – to Prime Minister Freundel Stuart as the person who had done the most for the party in the last year. Arthur was the final speaker Sunday night at the official opening of the Christ Church South constituency office on Maxwell Coast Road and attended by candidate Jerome Walcott, the former MP. “The man has said that we have awoken a sleeping giant when we knew all along he was asleep,” Arthur said of, Stuart. “If he in fact was asleep for the last two years, he really ought to return the money to the Treasury.