- TOURISM MATTERS: Package deals the popular option Read More
- Bidding for Black Bess development? Read More
- Tough Windies final day Read More
- Beach Culture shifting to June Read More
- EDITORIAL: Gearing up for political battle Read More
- DEAR CHRISTINE: Hubby’s temper out of control Read More
- Spirit of the Nation Show on November 19 Read More
Local car dealers Nassco will this week be recalling almost 900 vehicles as part of Japanese carmaker Toyota’s worldwide recall of more than 7.2 million vehicles. Nassco, the authorized dealer for Toyota in Barbados, has around 500 cars that they sold directly, but the total also includes models which would have been imported privately. Nassco’s managing director Roger Hill told the DAILY NATION that the company would be contacting its affected customers this week to have them return the vehicles as part of a special service campaign to repair the master switches that occasionally malfunction. Toyota started the recall last week, admitting the faulty switches could prove to be a fire hazard.