- Region must err on the side of caution Read More
- AS I SEE THINGS: Surviving in a dynamic world Read More
- Meets clash Read More
- Todd: Football on sound footing Read More
- WEDNESDAY WOMAN: It’s all about organics Read More
- IN THE PUBLIC INTEREST: Lighter side of smelling hell Read More
- All ah we Read More
The Nation's Online Editor Carol Martindale looks at What's Trending today in Barbados. The fatal stabbling of Devon Taylor, 16, during a dispute with another youth last Saturday, has touched our online readers. John Da Silva: "So many murders in Barbados this year. In 1999, Trinidad and Tobago had 93 murders. Ten years later they had 550. Barbados, if you are not careful, you will be heading that way." Sanlyn Greene: "This is truly sad. The youth today is really becoming more and more violent. Condolences to his family and may god watch over his mother." Sonia Walker: "Sad in truth. May God rest his soul and be a strength to his loved ones." Jamar Jones: "This shouldn't have happened. Barbados I cry for you." Margaret Ross: "Sincere condolences to the family and friends of Devon Taylor. Only 16. Gone too soon." Sharon Woolley: " The violence in Barbados is growing rapidly. Sure it's worldwide, but Barbados is changing for the worse and along with killing each other they are killing tourism."