- 10-MINUTE MANAGER: Roberto Pereyra Read More
- THE HOYOS FILE: Changing lanes in a slow-moving race Read More
- No Rio! Read More
- BCA writes off members’ debt Read More
- YUH GAWH BE KIDDIN’: A whole $280 for a fete? Read More
- EDITORIAL: Bishop Gordon hit bullseye on guns Read More
- People's Monarch to be named this afternoon Read More
With 56 gold, 17 silver and eight bronze medals, Team Barbados were two medals shy of their record haul at the 2012 Huntsman World Senior Games held earlier this month in Utah. Fielding only 22 athletes, the proud contingent returned home last Monday night with 81 medals in track and field, basketball, tennis, archery, table tennis and cycling, proving one can be world class at any age. Leading the team were track athletes Ainsley Lovell, Shirley Harper and Pearl Yearwood who each won six gold medals. Here, the proud team members and officials showing off their silverware.