- Success one face at a time Read More
- BEHIND THE HEADLINES: Past the worst and seeing positives Read More
- Reifer’s ready Read More
- Checker Hall grab title Read More
- EDITORIAL: Mediocrity is the new norm Read More
- YUH GAWH BE KIDDIN’: Goashemels lurking everywhere Read More
- Songwriters have write stuff Read More
With 56 gold, 17 silver and eight bronze medals, Team Barbados were two medals shy of their record haul at the 2012 Huntsman World Senior Games held earlier this month in Utah. Fielding only 22 athletes, the proud contingent returned home last Monday night with 81 medals in track and field, basketball, tennis, archery, table tennis and cycling, proving one can be world class at any age. Leading the team were track athletes Ainsley Lovell, Shirley Harper and Pearl Yearwood who each won six gold medals. Here, the proud team members and officials showing off their silverware.