- How the US rate increase affects the Caribbean Read More
- BARBADOS EMPLOYERS' CONFEDERATION: 24/7 operations and the issues Read More
- Slip Stream could flow today Read More
- Payback time Read More
- EDITORIAL: Don’t trigger moral panic Read More
- SATURDAY'S CHILD: Say cheese and smile Read More
- Friday nights for wine and sax Read More
As Barbadians observed World Food Day yesterday, schools and service groups around the island, held activities to acknowledge the day that highlights an international effort to defeat hunger. At St Luke’s Primary, the focus was on raising student awareness to the benefits of eating healthy foods. Over 50 dishes ranging from banana bakes to pumpkin fritters were viewed by pupils and parents. Here, Class 1 pupils show their excitement over a dish of macaroni pie.