New Barbados Ambassador to China Francois Jackman (right) with his wife Monique (second right) getting some tips from his predecessor Dr Chelston Brathwaite (second left) and his wife Rosanna. (Picture by Gercine Carter.)
- Trade war worries slam China and emerging markets Read More
- Caribbean Airlines ranked 34th in global on time performance Read More
- Best earns junior Pan Am silver medal Read More
- Glory for Gabriel Read More
- Initiatives to help us stay afloat Read More
- Inquire before cutting service Read More
- Romeo laid to rest Read More
New Chinese Ambassador to Barbados Yan Xiusheng hosted Governor General Dame Sandra Mason and several other guests, including some from the diplomatic corps and members of the Chinese Association of Barbados, to a welcome reception at the Accra Beach Hotel and Spa last week.
New Barbados Ambassador to China Francois Jackman and his wife Monique were there as well as Jackman’s predecessor Dr Chelston Brathwaite and his wife Rosanna, who are now settling back in Barbados.
It was an evening on which Barbadian and Chinese fare were both savoured. Guests were also given a taste of Chinese culture with a performance by artistes from China’s Tianjin Arte Troupe and demonstrations of Mandarin writing. (GC)