New Barbados Ambassador to China Francois Jackman (right) with his wife Monique (second right) getting some tips from his predecessor Dr Chelston Brathwaite (second left) and his wife Rosanna. (Picture by Gercine Carter.)
- CIBC FirstCaribbean appoints new private wealth investment advisor Read More
- Spotlight on issues affecting females in the workforce Read More
- Williams still the queen Read More
- Barbados looking to beat Bermuda in friendly Read More
- Powers that be not in sync Read More
- Spare the rod and . . . Read More
- NCF calls for judges in the arts Read More
New Chinese Ambassador to Barbados Yan Xiusheng hosted Governor General Dame Sandra Mason and several other guests, including some from the diplomatic corps and members of the Chinese Association of Barbados, to a welcome reception at the Accra Beach Hotel and Spa last week.
New Barbados Ambassador to China Francois Jackman and his wife Monique were there as well as Jackman’s predecessor Dr Chelston Brathwaite and his wife Rosanna, who are now settling back in Barbados.
It was an evening on which Barbadian and Chinese fare were both savoured. Guests were also given a taste of Chinese culture with a performance by artistes from China’s Tianjin Arte Troupe and demonstrations of Mandarin writing. (GC)