New Barbados Ambassador to China Francois Jackman (right) with his wife Monique (second right) getting some tips from his predecessor Dr Chelston Brathwaite (second left) and his wife Rosanna. (Picture by Gercine Carter.)
- Sandals seeks to clear air regarding withholding taxes Read More
- Sagicor rebrands Harmony Hall location Read More
- ‘Enlist’ housing areas Read More
- Dari-Anne fit to be queen Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Meghan Theobalds is Miss Universe Barbados 2018 Read More
New Chinese Ambassador to Barbados Yan Xiusheng hosted Governor General Dame Sandra Mason and several other guests, including some from the diplomatic corps and members of the Chinese Association of Barbados, to a welcome reception at the Accra Beach Hotel and Spa last week.
New Barbados Ambassador to China Francois Jackman and his wife Monique were there as well as Jackman’s predecessor Dr Chelston Brathwaite and his wife Rosanna, who are now settling back in Barbados.
It was an evening on which Barbadian and Chinese fare were both savoured. Guests were also given a taste of Chinese culture with a performance by artistes from China’s Tianjin Arte Troupe and demonstrations of Mandarin writing. (GC)