- BEHIND THE HEADLINES: Who is responsible for protecting us? Read More
- BNOCL not only about oil Read More
- Rosberg has pole at home Read More
- Warriors win, Tridents face exit Read More
- SATURDAY'S CHILD: Tombstone territory Read More
- I CONFESS: Beguiled by cheating bombshell Read More
- Lil Rick gets Stag tune prize Read More
It’s double delight for Sagicor UWI cricketers. After capturing this year’s LIME Elite title in commanding fashion, UWI showed all and sundry that they are the best cricket team in Barbados by capturing the Sagicor General Super Cup crown in a low-scoring final against CGI Maple at Kensington Oval on Sunday. Down and almost out when they were bundled out for a paltry 119, UWI did not lie down and play dead. Instead, they revealed the stuff that champions are made of by rebounding to rout their northern opponents for 113 to triumph by six runs. Emotional all-rounder Jonathan Carter (right), who had the golden arm, claiming the last two wickets with successive balls, could not contain his joy. He celebrated the victory in style with teammates Nekoli Parris (left), substitute Raymon Reifer (second right) and coach/player Floyd Reifer by running towards their fans in the 3Ws Stand. (EZS).