- Bitcoin soars to record high above $6 000 Read More
- BES president predicts another downgrade for Barbados Read More
- Bishoo bags 5 to put WI in control Read More
- High words Read More
- The Debt Snowball and recovering from financial loss Read More
- How to boost education Read More
- Tyler Perry’s Boo 2! tops downbeat weekend with $21.7 million Read More
The Caribbean's lone credit rating agency has given Barbados’ largest locally owned conglomerate top marks for the way it has handled its business during a very tough economic period. Caribbean Information & Credit Rating Services Limited (CariCRIS) – the region’s only business and sovereign rating agency – has assigned Goddard Enterprises Limited (GEL) a CariAA- (foreign currency rating); CariAA (local currency rating), and bbAA on the Barbados national scale. The Trinidadian-based CariCRIS said the Goddard rating represented a “high” standing when it came to the company’s credit worthiness on its debt compared with other Caribbean companies. CariCRIS, in a recently-released report, said after one-time write-offs of $37.9 million in the 2011 financial year, which caused the company to record a $10 million loss, Goddard was now back on a growth path.