- Khadijah’s special touch Read More
- AS I SEE THINGS: Institutional reforms and the public interest Read More
- Mayers brothers back Read More
- No pressure, says King Read More
- DEAR CHRISTINE: Why can’t I get a boyfriend? Read More
- Technology alone not at fault Read More
- Birth of a Nation slavery movie stumbles in Hollywood Read More
The Ministry of Transport and Works has been called in to investigate the hole at Valley Development, St George, which was discovered by homeowner Kim Campbell when she fell into it. After it was drawn to the attention of the Barbados Water Authority (BWA) through this column last week, a crew was sent in to repair the leak, which was attributed to a hydrant. However a BWA official indicated that engineers from MTW would have to investigate the underground hole, which is quickly expanding under the main road. In the meantime, the BWA has placed two drums over the dangerous opening. Let’s hope MTW will address this matter with more urgency than the Barbados Water Authority did since the latter never responded to Campbell’s initial call for assistance.