- No comfort in CIBC comment on downgrade Read More
- TOURISM MATTERS: Opportunities aplenty with new airlift Read More
- Atletico back in Champions League final Read More
- Flame lands in Brazil for three month relay to Games Read More
- EDITORIAL: Brainstorm on problems of ageing society Read More
- THE ‘NETTE EFFECT: Ribbing could ease the tension Read More
- Drake joins Forbes list of top five richest hip-hop stars Read More
The Ministry of Transport and Works has been called in to investigate the hole at Valley Development, St George, which was discovered by homeowner Kim Campbell when she fell into it. After it was drawn to the attention of the Barbados Water Authority (BWA) through this column last week, a crew was sent in to repair the leak, which was attributed to a hydrant. However a BWA official indicated that engineers from MTW would have to investigate the underground hole, which is quickly expanding under the main road. In the meantime, the BWA has placed two drums over the dangerous opening. Let’s hope MTW will address this matter with more urgency than the Barbados Water Authority did since the latter never responded to Campbell’s initial call for assistance.