- Region must err on the side of caution Read More
- AS I SEE THINGS: Surviving in a dynamic world Read More
- Young West Indies in Under-19 semi-finals Read More
- Broncos win Super Bowl 50 Read More
- EDITORIAL: Humane fix needed to solve squatting Read More
- WILD COOT: Wary Banks Read More
- Touched by 100% Bajan backing Read More
The Ministry of Transport and Works has been called in to investigate the hole at Valley Development, St George, which was discovered by homeowner Kim Campbell when she fell into it. After it was drawn to the attention of the Barbados Water Authority (BWA) through this column last week, a crew was sent in to repair the leak, which was attributed to a hydrant. However a BWA official indicated that engineers from MTW would have to investigate the underground hole, which is quickly expanding under the main road. In the meantime, the BWA has placed two drums over the dangerous opening. Let’s hope MTW will address this matter with more urgency than the Barbados Water Authority did since the latter never responded to Campbell’s initial call for assistance.