- Boost for start-ups Read More
- To be stressed or not to be stressed? Read More
- One title secured for Joshua Kelly Read More
- Luke Walton to manage Lakers Read More
- RON IN COMMON: Don’t make sport with your sexual health Read More
- FLYING FISH & COU COU: New task for princess Read More
- Weekend Buzz April 29, 2016 Read More
THE NEW RYAN BRATHWAITE TRACK might be called into action for school sports’ biggest meets. Both the Barbados Secondary Schools Athletic Championships and the National Primary Schools Athletic Championships could be heading down to the Lazaretto next term following some recent setbacks to the construction of the track at the National Stadium. During yesterday’s tour of the Stadium with former World champion and Olympic finalist Ryan Brathwaite, Minister of Sports Stephen Lashley said the move was a very real possibility, while disclosing that there would be a revised date for the track’s completion. “I can say that we are already in discussion with the University of the West Indies as they are about to complete their track and, given the time frame, it is a possibility that we could use the Ryan Brathwaite Track,” said Lashley during the Press briefing.