- BARBADOS' BEST EMPLOYERS: Culture is key to business success Read More
- Numbers not adding up Read More
- Rosberg’s winning streak continues Read More
- Joshua riding high Read More
- GET REAL: Agents of white supremacy Read More
- PETER WICKHAM: Brexit to Caricom Read More
- Reggae party blazing on the Hill Read More
Different venue, different version, same result. Sagicor UWI made a positive start in their quest for three titles yesterday when they easily defeated defending Sagicor General Twenty20 champions CGI Maple by five wickets in their first round match. Led by veteran player/coach Floyd Reifer, who scored a blistering 54 not out, supported by his cousin Raymon Reifer, who made 48, UWI reached the target of 138 in 18.1 overs. Floyd Reifer struck seven threes and four fours off 39 balls, while Raymon Reifer hit nine threes and one four off 44 balls as the pair added 54 for the fourth wicket which virtually sealed the victory for UWI. Towards the end, Guyana national player Steven Jacobs, with 16 not out, assisted Floyd Reifer in an unbroken partnership of 46. Pacer Kemar Roach (2-21) was the most successful bowler for Maple. Earlier, Maple reached 137 for six. Pinch-hitter Shane Ramsay top-scored with 24 off 25 balls, while captain Pedro Agard and all-rounder Khalid Springer each made 21.