- Minor items on CFATF ‘to do’ list Read More
- BEHIND THE HEADLINES: Growth through tourism and culture Read More
- FAZEER MOHAMMED: Backed into a corner Read More
- Bajans aiming for 100% record Read More
- TONY BEST: Crown Heights after the riots Read More
- TONI THORNE: The prenup debate Read More
- Weekend Buzz August 26, 2016 Read More
Different venue, different version, same result. Sagicor UWI made a positive start in their quest for three titles yesterday when they easily defeated defending Sagicor General Twenty20 champions CGI Maple by five wickets in their first round match. Led by veteran player/coach Floyd Reifer, who scored a blistering 54 not out, supported by his cousin Raymon Reifer, who made 48, UWI reached the target of 138 in 18.1 overs. Floyd Reifer struck seven threes and four fours off 39 balls, while Raymon Reifer hit nine threes and one four off 44 balls as the pair added 54 for the fourth wicket which virtually sealed the victory for UWI. Towards the end, Guyana national player Steven Jacobs, with 16 not out, assisted Floyd Reifer in an unbroken partnership of 46. Pacer Kemar Roach (2-21) was the most successful bowler for Maple. Earlier, Maple reached 137 for six. Pinch-hitter Shane Ramsay top-scored with 24 off 25 balls, while captain Pedro Agard and all-rounder Khalid Springer each made 21.