- Nation Group restructuring Read More
- Zuckerberg says Facebook made mistakes on user data Read More
- Darian King out of Miami Open Read More
- New era as St Albans and St Giles top NAPSAC for the first time Read More
- Is it wrong to be right? Read More
- Powers that be not in sync Read More
- NCF calls for judges in the arts Read More
THE BARBADOS RED CROSS SOCIETY has received over $250 000 to the International Red Cross Federation to be distributed among Red Cross Societies in Caribbean countries devastated by last year’s hurricanes.
Making the announcement Tuesday, president Winston Waithe said the money was raised during last year’s fundraising appeal in Barbados to assist with relief efforts in the affected countries.
He shared the results of the appeal with the media shortly after accepting a gift of emergency equipment from Chinese Ambassador Yan Xiusheng at the Society’s Warrens, St Michael headquarters.
Handing over three generators worth over US$10 000, two tower lights and other emergency equipment, the ambassador said the equipment should serve to enhance the emergency capacity and rescue response of the charitable organisation. (GC)