Basketball player Akeem Marsh
- Trade war worries slam China and emerging markets Read More
- Caribbean Airlines ranked 34th in global on time performance Read More
- Best earns junior Pan Am silver medal Read More
- Glory for Gabriel Read More
- Initiatives to help us stay afloat Read More
- Inquire before cutting service Read More
- Romeo laid to rest Read More
AKEEM MARSH is getting another shot at the pro ranks. Barbados’ best big man is taking his talents Down Under after signing a seven-month contract to play with Australian professional club Gold Coast Rollers in the Queensland Basketball League this season.
Marsh confirmed the news in a telephone interview with NATIONSPORT while preparing to make the move across the world later this month.
“I’m very excited about making this move. It’s going to be a new experience for me as I’ve never been to Australia before, so I’m going to experience a whole new country and culture,” said the 31-year-old national forward.
“Since I last played for Barbados in Tortola I’ve been getting a lot of interest and the president of the club messaged me on Facebook one day, so I sent him to my agent and now here we are.
“So I’m just looking to play hard, make the most of this opportunity and finish out the season with the club and, hopefully, the rest works itself out after I discuss my career options with my agent when I get to Australia,” he added.
Read more on this story in today's DAILY NATION.