Some of the participants in this morning’s International Women’s Day March organised by the Gender Equality Committee of the Barbados Workers Union (BWU) (Photo by Reco Moore)
- Late interest payments from Central Bank Read More
- FirstCaribbean’s Sheraton branch wins top award Read More
- Cricket’s gain, football’s loss Read More
- Reifer shines in warm-up Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Weaver to receive film honour Read More
Scores of women and men are marching through Bridgetown in support of International Women’s Day.
The annual march which was organised by the Gender Equality Committee of the Barbados Workers Union, (BWU) left Solidarity House just after 10 a.m.
Many of the participants came armed with placards and they are dressed in purple and orange in support of the cause. (TG)