Some of the participants in this morning’s International Women’s Day March organised by the Gender Equality Committee of the Barbados Workers Union (BWU) (Photo by Reco Moore)
- World Bank's Kim sees ‘clear’ economic slowdown if trade war escalates Read More
- AA extends daily flight service to Barbados Read More
- Odds against Windies in One-Dayers Read More
- BFA’s Premier season starts Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- City Nights take on Broadway feel Read More
Scores of women and men are marching through Bridgetown in support of International Women’s Day.
The annual march which was organised by the Gender Equality Committee of the Barbados Workers Union, (BWU) left Solidarity House just after 10 a.m.
Many of the participants came armed with placards and they are dressed in purple and orange in support of the cause. (TG)