- Sandals seeks to clear air regarding withholding taxes Read More
- Sagicor rebrands Harmony Hall location Read More
- ‘Enlist’ housing areas Read More
- Dari-Anne fit to be queen Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Mrs Maisel, Game of Thrones win on night of Emmy upsets Read More
Police are investigating a Whatsapp video of a middle-aged man, said to be a secondary school teacher, massaging his penis.
Police public relations officer, Acting Inspector Roland Cobbler, told nationnews this afternoon: “At this stage I cannot confirm that a formal report has been made to the police as yet. But we are aware of the video and the police are looking into it.”
Cobbler noted that the Computer Misuse Act makes it an offence for anyone to post videos of a pornographic nature on social media, and if found to have contravened that law the individual could be prosecuted.
Meanwhile, president of the Barbados Teachers Union, Pedro Shepherd, confirmed to nationnews that he saw the video and understands the individual is a physical education teacher. However, he does not know the person.
“It is sad that it happened. We as adults, especially in positions of responsibility, have to be careful what we do as we are supposed to be positive examples to others,” said Shepherd.
He, too, could shed no further light on this matter which is said to be engaging authorities at the Ministry of Education. Stay tuned for further developments. (SP)