- ON THE RIGHT: Inadequate standards hurting potential Read More
- ON THE LEFT: Standards make the world of difference Read More
- Seibert: Penn Relays way to go Read More
- Four for England Read More
- WHAT MATTERS MOST: Growing private sector the key Read More
- EDITORIAL: Extend an olive branch to teachers Read More
- Hillside Reggae Read More
Former Prime Minister David Thompson still lives; and he lives in the hearts and minds of Barbadians, Prime Minister Freundel Stuart proclaimed yesterday. And it is the values that Thompson spread across the country during his short stint as Prime Minister, he says, that will eventually help Barbados out of the current economic recession. Stuart made the claim as he delivered the feature remarks at the second David Thompson Memorial Service at the Wesleyan Holiness Church of Massiah Street in St John. And the Prime Minister yesterday called on all countrymen and countrywomen to stay the course along with the Government, in fighting “the worst recession the planet has encountered in more than a century”, by using the values Thompson had instilled.