- Region must err on the side of caution Read More
- AS I SEE THINGS: Surviving in a dynamic world Read More
- Young West Indies in Under-19 semi-finals Read More
- Broncos win Super Bowl 50 Read More
- EDITORIAL: Humane fix needed to solve squatting Read More
- WILD COOT: Wary Banks Read More
- Touched by 100% Bajan backing Read More
Former Prime Minister David Thompson still lives; and he lives in the hearts and minds of Barbadians, Prime Minister Freundel Stuart proclaimed yesterday. And it is the values that Thompson spread across the country during his short stint as Prime Minister, he says, that will eventually help Barbados out of the current economic recession. Stuart made the claim as he delivered the feature remarks at the second David Thompson Memorial Service at the Wesleyan Holiness Church of Massiah Street in St John. And the Prime Minister yesterday called on all countrymen and countrywomen to stay the course along with the Government, in fighting “the worst recession the planet has encountered in more than a century”, by using the values Thompson had instilled.