- ECCB to issue world’s first blockchain-based digital currency Read More
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Wheelchair warriors a hit Read More
- Latapy ‘on board’ Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- New-look Crop Over coming Read More
Seventy thousand travellers across the world have chosen Barbados as their place to visit in the 2017 Destination Satisfaction Index (DSI).
Barbados copped the top spot, beating destinations such as the Seychelles (second) and Bermuda (third).
The travellers were interviewed and gave their feedback on 20 categories including beaches, accommodation, cuisine and shopping.
Barbados had the highest overall world score, 8.8 out of 10, of the 144 countries included. The island also ranked highest in the accommodation category and highest in the Americas region, ahead of Bermuda and The Bahamas.
The awards were presented to the Barbados delegation, led by Donna Cadogan, permanent secretary in the Ministry of Tourism and International Transport, during a ceremony at ITB Berlin, the world’s leading travel trade show held in Germany’s capital city.
Chief executive officer of the Barbados Tourism Marketing Inc., William “Billy” Griffith, plans to leverage the accolade in the destination’s marketing communications over the next year. (PR)