- Barbados seeking to strengthen commercial links with Panama Read More
- AB InBev expects to cut three per cent of jobs after SABMiller takeover Read More
- Bajan Gems rout Argentina Read More
- India gunning for T20 revenge Read More
- MAVIS BECKLES: Good job athletes Read More
- EDITORIAL: Don’t dismiss our concerns Read More
- Weekend Buzz August 26, 2016 Read More
ST. GEORGE’S, Grenada, Jan 9, CMC – Prime Minister Tillman Thomas last night announced that he had asked Governor General Sir Caryle Glean to dissolve Parliament paving the way for a general election in Grenada within 90 days. In a brief radio and television address, Thomas did not name the date for the general election that was constitutionally due by October this year, but widely expected before that month. “I wish to advise that today I advised his Excellency the Governor General to dissolve the Parliament of Grenada. This act paves the way for the setting of an election date within the next 90 days”. He said he would be announcing the election date “shortly” in order to give all nationals who are eligible to vote to ensure that they are registered. “All such persons who are yet to register are urged to do so now,” he said.