- No comfort in CIBC comment on downgrade Read More
- TOURISM MATTERS: Opportunities aplenty with new airlift Read More
- Not ready Read More
- Five Bajans vying for chess titles Read More
- EDITORIAL: Brainstorm on problems of ageing society Read More
- THE ‘NETTE EFFECT: Ribbing could ease the tension Read More
- Still no will found for Prince as Minnesota court opens probate process Read More
NEW YORK (AP) — Authorities say a co-founder of Reddit and activist who fought to make online content free to the public has been found dead. A spokeswoman for New York's medical examiner says 26-year-old Aaron Swartz hanged himself in his Brooklyn apartment and was found Friday. Swartz was a prodigy who as a young teenager helped create RSS. He co-founded the social news website Reddit and directed the political action group Demand Progress that campaigns against Internet censorship. In 2011, he was arrested in Boston and charged with stealing millions of scientific journals from a computer archive at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Swartz pleaded not guilty. His federal trial on computer fraud charges was to begin next month. If convicted, he could have faced decades in prison and a fortune in fines.