- Success one face at a time Read More
- BEHIND THE HEADLINES: Past the worst and seeing positives Read More
- 14 up vying for Derby places Read More
- Seibert: Penn Relays way to go Read More
- The Lowdown & Looka Lew Read More
- EDITORIAL: Extend an olive branch to teachers Read More
- Hillside Reggae Read More
On a night of high drama, Combined Campuses and Colleges beat Barbados by 12 runs with the help of a sensational hat-trick from Derone Davis. In an action-packed Caribbean Twenty20 match at the Queen’s Park Oval Friday night, Davis struck with the first three balls of Barbados’ response to a total of 111 for eight. Davis, a 20-year-old Trinidadian left-arm spinner, removed Dwayne Smith, Ryan Hinds and Shamarh Brooks to send Barbados off to a disastrous start from which they never recovered. Despite a mid-innings fightback from a position of 12 for five, Barbados fell short of the target, ending on 99 for nine to slump to a second straight defeat after starting the tournament with two wins. Here, Davis (left) celebrating his hat-trick after dismissing Brooks.