- THE HOYOS FILE: A case of shoddy ‘research’ Read More
- GEL records $62 million profit Read More
- CPL staging matches in United States Read More
- Ennis-Hill’s coach worried about Zika Read More
- WEDNESDAY WOMAN: It’s all about organics Read More
- IN THE PUBLIC INTEREST: Lighter side of smelling hell Read More
- All ah we Read More
The Police have successfully dismantled a criminal ring at the Barbados Port made up of four Port employees and a freighter. The members of the Drug Squad started their investigations in 2012 and were successful between January 9, and January 10, 2013 in making arrests. Those charged with criminal offences are: Selwyn Junior Thorne, 37 years, of Enterprise Development, Christ Church. A Port Security Officer; Chelston Anthony Mayhew, 41 years of Ashdean Village, Black Rock, St. Michael. A Docker at the Port; Jeffrey Orlando Jackman, 57 years of Mangrove Park, St. Philip. A Port Security Officer; and Michael Ophneil Williams, 41 years of Foursquare Valley, St. Philip. A Freighter All four men have been jointly charged with illegal possession of three firearms; illegal possession of a quantity of ammunition; importation of firearms without valid licences; importation of ammunition without a valid license; possession of 16.5 kgs of cannabis; trafficking, possession with intent to supply; and importation. The four men are expected to appear expected to appear at the District A Magistrate Court on Monday January 14, 2013.