- BES president predicts another downgrade for Barbados Read More
- More youths entering green economy Read More
- King giving back to Dominica with benefit match Read More
- Orange new QC swim champs Read More
- Let’s draw the line here Read More
- Consider the rape victim Read More
- Juniors shine at NIFCA Read More
The Police have successfully dismantled a criminal ring at the Barbados Port made up of four Port employees and a freighter. The members of the Drug Squad started their investigations in 2012 and were successful between January 9, and January 10, 2013 in making arrests. Those charged with criminal offences are: Selwyn Junior Thorne, 37 years, of Enterprise Development, Christ Church. A Port Security Officer; Chelston Anthony Mayhew, 41 years of Ashdean Village, Black Rock, St. Michael. A Docker at the Port; Jeffrey Orlando Jackman, 57 years of Mangrove Park, St. Philip. A Port Security Officer; and Michael Ophneil Williams, 41 years of Foursquare Valley, St. Philip. A Freighter All four men have been jointly charged with illegal possession of three firearms; illegal possession of a quantity of ammunition; importation of firearms without valid licences; importation of ammunition without a valid license; possession of 16.5 kgs of cannabis; trafficking, possession with intent to supply; and importation. The four men are expected to appear expected to appear at the District A Magistrate Court on Monday January 14, 2013.