- Now robots join fight against cancer Read More
- BEC: Shades of grey: duty of care Read More
- Barbados and T&T to clash for top spot at qualifiers Read More
- Hamilton to battle from the back Read More
- TONY BEST: Crown Heights after the riots Read More
- GET REAL: Schooling a sound strategy Read More
- Weekend Buzz August 26, 2016 Read More
EDUCATION OFFICIALS are concerned about the high level of disruption at schools because of fires. Minister of Education Ronald Jones said the sequence of fires, which caused damage to two schools in recent times, was “interesting”. Speaking to the media yesterday in the wake of a fire at The St Michael School last Saturday, Jones reported that students at the Government Hill Nursery School were still attending classes at an alternative location because the facilities were not yet “back up to scratch”. The St Michael School was closed yesterday and will remain so again today as the clean-up of the burnt prefab building and resulting issues are dealt with, while investigations continue.