- ON THE LEFT: Competitiveness a recipe for growth Read More
- THE ISSUE: Economic integration a proven model Read More
- Teenage fast bowler in WI Test squad Read More
- Reshuffle the team Read More
- WHAT MATTERS MOST: It’s not best practice Read More
- EDITORIAL: Need to revisit Crop Over Read More
- Kaiso queens Read More
EDUCATION OFFICIALS are concerned about the high level of disruption at schools because of fires. Minister of Education Ronald Jones said the sequence of fires, which caused damage to two schools in recent times, was “interesting”. Speaking to the media yesterday in the wake of a fire at The St Michael School last Saturday, Jones reported that students at the Government Hill Nursery School were still attending classes at an alternative location because the facilities were not yet “back up to scratch”. The St Michael School was closed yesterday and will remain so again today as the clean-up of the burnt prefab building and resulting issues are dealt with, while investigations continue.