- St Lucia’s Prime Minister proposes new US Caribbean trade initiative Read More
- C&W announces partial restoration of mobile network In Dominica Read More
- Sir Hilary’s goal Read More
- Quake cancels CAC meet Read More
- Shade of the soul main thing Read More
- A punishment, not deterrent Read More
- Neesha feels So Amazing with another award Read More
EDUCATION OFFICIALS are concerned about the high level of disruption at schools because of fires. Minister of Education Ronald Jones said the sequence of fires, which caused damage to two schools in recent times, was “interesting”. Speaking to the media yesterday in the wake of a fire at The St Michael School last Saturday, Jones reported that students at the Government Hill Nursery School were still attending classes at an alternative location because the facilities were not yet “back up to scratch”. The St Michael School was closed yesterday and will remain so again today as the clean-up of the burnt prefab building and resulting issues are dealt with, while investigations continue.