- ON THE RIGHT: Great contribution to Barbados Read More
- ON THE LEFT: Signs of decline in the sector Read More
- Cameron congratulates West Indies Under-19s Read More
- de Villiers joins Barbados Tridents Read More
- WHAT MATTERS MOST: Create new strategy for leadership Read More
- HEATHER-LYNN’S HABITAT: Making it safe Read More
- All ah we Read More
EDUCATION OFFICIALS are concerned about the high level of disruption at schools because of fires. Minister of Education Ronald Jones said the sequence of fires, which caused damage to two schools in recent times, was “interesting”. Speaking to the media yesterday in the wake of a fire at The St Michael School last Saturday, Jones reported that students at the Government Hill Nursery School were still attending classes at an alternative location because the facilities were not yet “back up to scratch”. The St Michael School was closed yesterday and will remain so again today as the clean-up of the burnt prefab building and resulting issues are dealt with, while investigations continue.