- ECCB to issue world’s first blockchain-based digital currency Read More
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Complex blues Read More
- HC and SMS against the odds Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- New-look Crop Over coming Read More
18 year old student Ashley Lashley is the new Miss Barbados World 2018. She was crowned last night at the coronation ceremony at the Barbados Concorde Experience.
Lashley will represent Barbados at the Miss World competition in China later this year. She will be Barbados' first delegate at the contest since 2014.
Speaking to the NATION after the event, she said she intended to continue promoting her Miss World project which highlights the impact of chronic non-communicable diseases.
A former Miss Teen Barbados, she is the daughter of former parliamentarian Hamilton Lashley and Joycelyn Brathwaite. (AL-F)