- 10-MINUTE MANAGER: Darone Brathwaite Read More
- TOURISM MATTERS: Them and us: levelling the playing field Read More
- Badminton finals thrilling Read More
- No to rule change Read More
- Win-win solution for containers Read More
- DEAR CHRISTINE: Boss wants to have sex with me Read More
- Moonlight wins Best Picture Award Read More
The Barbados Labour Party (BLP) will not be silenced! That’s the word from the party’s leader, former Prime Minister Owen Arthur, after a highly publicized political mass meeting scheduled for last night had to be called off when the Royal Barbados Police Force withdrew permission a couple hours before the scheduled seven o’clock start. “I don’t ever get involved with the police doing its work,”Arthur said. “The police is an independent authority and it has to do what it feels is best for order in Barbados.” But the BLP chief said the party would not be silenced as it prepared for a battle royal with the Democratic Labour Party Government in the upcoming general election.