- TOURISM MATTERS: Package deals the popular option Read More
- Bidding for Black Bess development? Read More
- Hamilton cuts Rosberg’s lead Read More
- Hamilton starts up front in US Grand Prix Read More
- RON IN COMMON: Time for creative solutions Read More
- Let’s clean up our attitudes too Read More
- Seven up for Miss Teen Barbados Read More
The Barbados Labour Party (BLP) will not be silenced! That’s the word from the party’s leader, former Prime Minister Owen Arthur, after a highly publicized political mass meeting scheduled for last night had to be called off when the Royal Barbados Police Force withdrew permission a couple hours before the scheduled seven o’clock start. “I don’t ever get involved with the police doing its work,”Arthur said. “The police is an independent authority and it has to do what it feels is best for order in Barbados.” But the BLP chief said the party would not be silenced as it prepared for a battle royal with the Democratic Labour Party Government in the upcoming general election.