Hostess, New Zealand Ambassador Jan Henderson (left) with Governor General Dame Sandra Mason (centre) and chair of the Barbados branch of the Royal Commonwealth Society, Cheryll Sealy-Belle. (Picture by Ricardo Leacock.)
- Government making strides towards going green Read More
- Debt restructuring the way to stability, says Persaud Read More
- Ban may be extended Read More
- Windies eager to even series Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Rihanna is new Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary Read More
New Zealand High Commissioner Jan Henderson and her husband David will soon be heading back home at the end of her Barbados assignment, and she threw open the doors of her official residence one last time, hosting a rollicking reception in honour of the Barbados branch of the Royal Commonwealth Society.
Friends of the Hendersons and other members of the diplomatic corps were among the guests at the couple’s Sugar Hill residence, enjoying an evening of great music, food and fun.
Chair of the Barbados branch of the Royal Commonwealth Society, Cheryll Sealy-Belle, acknowledged the High Commissioner’s contribution to the society and her immediate embrace of the organisation when she first arrived on her Barbados mission. (GC)