Hostess, New Zealand Ambassador Jan Henderson (left) with Governor General Dame Sandra Mason (centre) and chair of the Barbados branch of the Royal Commonwealth Society, Cheryll Sealy-Belle. (Picture by Ricardo Leacock.)
- ECCB to issue world’s first blockchain-based digital currency Read More
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Babb queries plan for netballers Read More
- Odaine, Forde class acts Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- New-look Crop Over coming Read More
New Zealand High Commissioner Jan Henderson and her husband David will soon be heading back home at the end of her Barbados assignment, and she threw open the doors of her official residence one last time, hosting a rollicking reception in honour of the Barbados branch of the Royal Commonwealth Society.
Friends of the Hendersons and other members of the diplomatic corps were among the guests at the couple’s Sugar Hill residence, enjoying an evening of great music, food and fun.
Chair of the Barbados branch of the Royal Commonwealth Society, Cheryll Sealy-Belle, acknowledged the High Commissioner’s contribution to the society and her immediate embrace of the organisation when she first arrived on her Barbados mission. (GC)