Hostess, New Zealand Ambassador Jan Henderson (left) with Governor General Dame Sandra Mason (centre) and chair of the Barbados branch of the Royal Commonwealth Society, Cheryll Sealy-Belle. (Picture by Ricardo Leacock.)
- LIAT CEO: Taxes on flights too high Read More
- International experts give digital marketing advice Read More
- Leslie explains BCA T20 toss rules Read More
- No new registration for netball season Read More
- What a ‘mother’ country! Read More
- Developing our public sector Read More
- Aidonia rocks the crowd Read More
New Zealand High Commissioner Jan Henderson and her husband David will soon be heading back home at the end of her Barbados assignment, and she threw open the doors of her official residence one last time, hosting a rollicking reception in honour of the Barbados branch of the Royal Commonwealth Society.
Friends of the Hendersons and other members of the diplomatic corps were among the guests at the couple’s Sugar Hill residence, enjoying an evening of great music, food and fun.
Chair of the Barbados branch of the Royal Commonwealth Society, Cheryll Sealy-Belle, acknowledged the High Commissioner’s contribution to the society and her immediate embrace of the organisation when she first arrived on her Barbados mission. (GC)