- Government making strides towards going green Read More
- Debt restructuring the way to stability, says Persaud Read More
- Ban may be extended Read More
- Windies eager to even series Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Rihanna is new Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary Read More
Newly-Promoted Division 1 side Lords will oppose Nicholls Baking Combermere at Waterford in one of four Phase 1 Sagicor General Twenty20 Zone “A” matches to start the Barbados Cricket Association’s 2018 domestic season on Saturday.
This 2 p.m. match will follow the morning clash between YMPC and Carlton from 10 a.m. at the same venue.
The Zone B double-header will be played at Foursquare Oval with IGS Insurance Ballers Yorkshire facing Christ Church Foundation in the first game at 10 a.m.
The second game will see home team ESAF Pickwick meeting Ince Transport MTW at 2 p.m.
The second series of matches will be contested on Sunday with double-headers at Beckles Road and Friendship, with the third series set for April 22 at the Desmond Haynes Oval and Pine Basin.
Phase 2 of this competition, which will see the two Phase 1 zone winners joining the Elite teams, is slated for April 29.
Meanwhile, the Shield Twenty20, which features Intermediate and Second Division clubs, will also bowl off on Saturday with seven matches at various venues.
This competition will be played as a straight knockout. Sixteen matches will contested on Sunday. (EZS)