Edwin, Khiomal and Joaquin performing at the Big Soca Pop-Up Party. (Picture by Natanga Smith.)
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Late interest payments from Central Bank Read More
- Slow pace at Classic Read More
- Gayle quitting One-Dayers after WC Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Rap scores Grammy breakthrough while girl power rules awards show Read More
If you were in the vicinity of Ball Park entertainment venue and heard soca music it was live performances by Edwin Yearwood & krosfyah at their Big Soca Pop-Up Party that ended at 3:30 a.m.
The first for the year and with the Crop Over Season to start in exactly one month it was timely for the band to bring fans down memory lane.
Edwin, joined by Khiomal and Joaquin on vocals, and aptly assisted by Tony "Rebel" Bailey, the entire band performed for two hours in a set that included old and new tunes such as Yardie, Pump Me Up, and Home Sweet Home among others.
Surprise guests were Hypasounds on his Soca For Her Tour, Sanctuary, Leadpipe & Saddis, and Mikey and the Grassskirt Posse rounding off the show.
The turnout of soca lovers packed the venue and the patrons were the supporting choir, even prompting Edwin to jokingly ask if he could sing the song.
Many couldn't get enough of the music and were asking at the end of the show if there would be another pop-up event. That is yet to be answered. (NS)