Leader of the United Progressive Party Lynette Eastmond. (FILE)
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Late interest payments from Central Bank Read More
- Windies set tough target for England Read More
- WI opt to bat first in opening ODI against England Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Sir Curtley now a dancing star Read More
The United Progressive Party (UPP) has released a statement on Maria Agard’s unavailability to contest the General Election.
Below is the full text of the statement:
“Dr Maria Agard will not be contesting the upcoming General Elections for the constituency of Christ Church West.
Dr Agard has a previously confirmed medical consultation abroad on May 23, 2018 that cannot possibly be rescheduled.
We in the United Progressive Party (UPP) deeply regret this clash of events but we understand that Maria’s post surgery intervention is paramount and we wish her well as she continues to improve.
Maria will continue to speak at UPP events until her departure.
We thank her for her sterling contributions to the UPP, and anticipate that she will continue to play a valuable role in the party when she returns to Barbados.” (PR)